In this episode of Stories of the Magic, we hear from Ron Schneider. Ron has had an extensive career in themed entertainment in his 40 years. In fact, he also has a new book out about those experiences and what he’s learned called, From Dreamer to Dreamfinder: A Life and Lessons Learned in 40 Years Behind a Nametag (affiliate link).
Ron talks us about:
- His connection with Disneyland from Day 1;
- How he got his dream jobs, especially his chance assist in the portrayal of Dreamfinder & Figment;
- Many other things he did in his “40 years behind the nametag”, including Universal Studios, Banff Lodge (in Canada), Titanic the Exhibition, and more;
- What his favorite job was (sort of);
- What was it like working with Wally Boag & how he first made Wally laugh;